Daniel D. Junghans
firstname.lastname@example.org | linkedin.com/in/DanielJunghans
Bachelor of Arts, Finance
Cumulative GPA: 3.78/4.00
Dean’s List 4 Semesters
Strategic Support Associate
• Manage time spent on data entry tasks while working in an online environment.
• Support overall operations through completing daily work for the broker management business unit.
• Work alongside other associates to preprocess forms and other paperwork.
• Conducted neural network research under the supervision of Dr. Charles Ofria and graduate student Jose Guadalupe Hernandez.
• Collaborated with graduate students to create the Emerging Researchers in Artificial Life workshop for the 2020 Artificial Life conference.
• Attended weekly lab meetings and presented the research I conducted to an audience with a diverse background.
Summer Research Assistant
• Worked with a team of graduate students under the supervision of Dr. Charles Ofria to produce high quality evolutionary computation research.
• Contributed to a publication in the Genetic Programming Theory and Practice Workshop XVII (2020).
• Presented my research at the Mid-Michigan Symposium for Undergraduate Research (MID-SURE) at the end of my summer research experience in 2019.
Publications & Presentations
Austin J. Ferguson, Jose Guadalupe Hernandez, Daniel Junghans, Alexander Lalejini, Emily Dolson, and Charles Ofria. “Characterizing the Effects of Random Subsampling on Lexicase Selection.” In Banzhaf W., Goodman E., Sheneman L., Trujillo L., Worzel B. (eds) Genetic Programming Theory and Practice XVII (2020).
Daniel Junghans, Alexander Lalejini, Austin J. Ferguson, and Charles Ofria. “Characterizing the Differences Between Selection Schemes that are used in Genetic Algorithms.” Poster at Mid-Michigan Symposium for Undergraduate Research (MID-SURE), July 2019.
Daniel Junghans, Austin J. Ferguson, Alexander Lalejini, and Acacia Ackles. “Emerging Researchers in Artificial Life.” Workshop at International Conference for Artificial Life 2020, July 13-18, Montreal, Canada.
Activities & Skills
• Environment: PC, Windows, Linux
• Programming Languages: R, Python 3, SQL
• Software: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Power Point, Microsoft Word, VeraCrypt